Party season - 6 ways to embrace your individuality
The festive season is truly upon us. You have a clear idea of all the gifts you are getting everyone, planned the Christmas lunch, and pulled together the Christmas card list. You think your’e on top of everything.
And then there are the Christmas and New Year parties that you haven’t given much thought to. But not to worry as you have convinced yourself that there are a couple of outfits in the wardrobe that will do.
Besides, you don’t want to look like you made too much of an effort, but you still want to look great.
For a lot of us the first festive event will be the office Christmas lunch followed by a night out partying. If your Christmas celebration starts from noon onwards this could be a challenge in itself as you want to make an impact but you don’t want to drag a trolly bag behind you with your entire wardrobe.
You think that it might be a good idea to find out from a few close colleague and friends what they might be wearing.
Despite the recent environmental concerns about glitter all the talk is about glittery dresses, sequins, more glitter, rich textures, twinkling jewellery and even more glitter. All of a sudden the little black number doesn’t look that appealing. And then there are the finishing touches.
Here are my 6 tips to help you stand out from the crowd over the party season:
1. Flatter your shape - Buy an outfit that fits you well. Not too tight, not too loose and choose a colour that you will love.
The most important thing is too feel confident in what you are wearing.
2. Festive colours - This time of year offers some striking autumnal colours. Deep reds and greens are a festive alternative that you can accessorise. A shade of deep merlot still feels festive without straying too far from your go-to little black number.
3. Make up - Whilst your make up looks good for the office it may not be dramatic enough for throwing some shapes on the dance floor. Add an unexpected twist to the look with a shade of deep blue or green lipstick. The basics should include mascara, concealer, blusher and lip gloss.
Stylist says this year’s Christmas seasons beauty trend for eyes is gold eyeliner.
4. Jewellery - That go to necklace you have, has suffered from being tarnished by perfume and looks tired. Buy quality items you will love and go for one amazing statement piece which will make a far greater impact. It will lift you and dare we say it add your own personality to everything you wear
5. Hair - For those finishing touches it goes without saying that a great haircut is a must. But if like me you haven’t the time to visit your hairdresser then 10 minutes with the curling tongs will do amazing things to your hair.
6. The shoes - If like me you don’t have the perfect cross between the ideal party shoe and the ultimate basic shoe you will need at least 2 pairs of shoes to choose from. One for comfort during the day and a killer pair for partying through the night.
Got any great tips to survive the party season - please share - I'd love to hear from you!
Your email address will not be published.
Welcome to our news Page. Here you will find updates on our new jewellery designs, quirky and amusing titbits and great imagery,